Noisettes Of Lamb Shrewsbury
|Unsalted butter||5 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lean bacon slice||1|
|Lamb trimming||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dry wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (White Or Red)|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary sprig/1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 , dried|
|Red currant jelly||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
1) Carve out the noisettes (2-3 ounces each) from chops from the loin or the rib. Also include the trimmings.
2) Alternately buy 8-12 chops, take out bones, and shape meat into rounds about 2 inches.
3) Securely tie with a string.
4) Scrape carrot and dice.
5) Skin onion and dice.
6) Trim celery and chop.
7) Cut bacon into cubes and blanch for sometime.
8) To prepare the sauce, melt butter over moderate heat in a heavy pan.
9) Stir fry diced vegetables, chopped lamb trimmings, and bacon for 10 minutes.
10) Turn off heat, add flour. Place in low heat and cook for a 10 minutes, stirring continuously till light brown. Remove from heat.
11) In another pan boil stock and wine. Blend into vegetable mixture.
12) Mix tomato puree and add the bouquet garni with the fresh rosemary.
13) Partly cover and simmer sauce over gentle heat for at least 2 hours, stirring in between.
14) Discard scum from the top.
15) When the sauce thickens, remove from heat.
16) Strain through a coarse sieve to discard fat from the top.
17) About 30 minutes before serving reheat the sauce.
18) Mix red currant jelly and powdered rosemary and simmer till it melts.
19) Add salt and pepper. Keep the sauce warm.
20) In a heavy pan heat oil and butter, sauté prepared noisettes over moderate heat for 4-6 minutes on each side till brown.
21) Serve noisettes with brown sauce over them. Serve with boiled new potatoes and zucchini or green beans.