Rice Stuffed Lamb Shanks
|Lamb shanks||2 1⁄2 Pound (4 Short Cuts)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Take a heavy kettle; heat olive oil and brown meat in it on all sides.
3) Pour enough boiling water to cover the meat and add in lemon, cloves, salt, and pepper.
4) Simmer, covered for 1 1/2 hours and take the shanks out at the end of cooking time.
5) Allow to cool slightly and debone them.
6) From the broth, skim fat and bring to a boil.
7) Stir in rice and cook for about 20 minutes until soft, adding enough water if required.
8) Drain off the broth from the rice saving 1 cup for later use.
9) Add few chopped celery leaves to rice and mix well.
10) Season the rice mixture with salt and pepper and stuff boned shanks with this.
11) Take a shallow baking dish; put the stuffed shanks in it and pour in the reserved broth.
12) Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated moderate oven.
13) Serve hot.