Herbed Roast Leg of Lamb
|Leg lamb||2 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), sliced|
|Oregano/1 tablespoon dried oregano||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Thyme/1 tablespoon dried thyme||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Marjoram/1 tablespoon dried marjoram||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Rosemary sprigs/1 tablespoon dried rosemary||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made From Shin Of Lamb)|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F and prepare a roasting pan by lining it with foil.
2. Wash leg of lamb thoroughly and pat dry on kitchen paper.
3. With a sharp, thin, pointed knife make insertions 11/4 inch apart, all over the leg.
4. Place slivers of garlic and some mixed herbs in the insertions.
5. Cream butter in a bowl till soft and light.
6. Mix in pepper, Worcestershire sauce and any leftover herbs and rub all over leg.
7. Place in prepared roasting pan and roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Pour in stock and wine, baste lamb and roast for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes and turning it around with 2 wooden spoons, to brown all over.
9. Sprinkle with salt and continue to roast for another 15-20 minutes till done.
10. Test if done with a thin skewer pierced into the thickest part of the flesh: the juices should run clear.
11. Allow to stand in the open oven for 20 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter.
13 Carve the roast at the table, slicing with a carving or steak knife, along the grains.
14. Serve with mint sauce and green salad and accompany with red wine.
Calories 1689 Calories from Fat 969
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.4%
Saturated Fat 50 g250.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 473.1 mg157.7%
Sodium 1548.8 mg64.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 123 g246%
Vitamin A 64.2% Vitamin C 64.8%
Calcium 60.8% Iron 170.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet