Dudley's Butterflied Leg Of Lamb
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lamb leg||8 Pound, boned and butterflied (1 Leg Of Lamb, 6 To 8 Pound)|
|Garlic and pepper seasoning||To Taste|
1) Preheat the grilling equipment, 15 minutes before cooking.
2) In a clean bowl, mix together soy sauce and olive oil. This mixture will serve as the marinade.
3) Now, take a reseal able plastic bag and put lamb inside it (fat side up). Pour the marinade inside the plastic bag, over the meat.
4) Further, drizzle garlic pepper seasoning over the lamb and seal the bag.
5) Place the bag in a shallow dish and put it in refrigerator for about 12-24 hours. Flip the bag halfway between the marinating time and sprinkle additional garlic pepper seasoning over the meat.
6) Now, drain the lamb and reserve the marinade. Also, put a meat thermometer in the center of lamb.
7) Next, with fat side down, put the lamb on the cooking grid, and cover and grill over medium coals for about 20-30 minutes. Brush the lamb with marinade occasionally.
8) Further, flip the lamb and cook for additional 15-20 minutes and the thermometer gives out a reading of 150° (medium rare) or the thinner leg portions give a reading of 160° to 170° (medium well). Moisten The lamb with marinade during the cooking.
9) Cut the lamb into 1/4 inch slices and serve hot with your favorite dip.