Lamb Chops With Hoosier Mint Ice
|Superfine sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lamb chop||36 Ounce, trimmed|
1. In a saucepan, mix water and sugar well. Place on medium heat and cook, stirring intermittently for 6 minutes. Add lemon juice.
2. Take a shallow dish, keep mint leaves and top with sugar mixture. Cover firmly and allow to freeze.
3. Take out, break the ice and pas though a food processor with steel bleed to get a puree. Replace in the freezer.
4. Preheat broiler at mealtime.
5. Take a small bowl, mix thyme, garlic, pepper and salt and use the mixture to sprinkle on either sides of the lamb chops.
6. Arrange chops on the rack in the preheated broiler pan kept at 6 inches away from heat and allow to broil for 6 minutes, turning after 4 minutes, till chops are cook turn pink in the center.
7. Serve on heated platter followed by mint ice in frosted glass, just pureed.