Braised Lamb Shanks With Vegetables
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Or Cut)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned beer/Canned ale||12 Ounce (1 Bottle Or Can)|
|Pared carrots||8 , quartered|
|Whole white onions||8 Small, peeled|
|Potatoes||4 , peeled, cut into chunks|
1) Trim any extra fat from lamb shanks.
2) Thoroughly rub cut garlic clove over the meat.
3) Combine flour, salt and pepper for coating the shanks evenly.
4) In a Dutch oven or heavy kettle, heat oil.
5) Place shanks and brown well on all sides, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Place sliced onion, catsup and beer.
7) Cover with a lid and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is almost tender.
8) Add vegetables and cook about 30 minutes longer until meat and vegetables are done.
9) Serve the shanks by garnishing with fresh herbs.