Flaming Cherry Rack Of Lamb
|Rack lamb||3 Pound|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Maraschino cherry juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped red maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (10 Cherries)|
|Grapes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Whole)|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a shallow roasting pan, arrange lamb, sprinkle seasoned salt and bake for 1½ hours.
3. Take a saucepan, add lemon juice, chopped cherries, cornstarch and cherry juice and cook, stirring continuously, till it boils.
4. Drain lamb drippings and top with ½ of the prepared cherry glaze.
5. Bake for half an hour, top with rest of the glaze and continue baking for about 10 minutes or till thermometer reads 175° to 180°F.
6. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with orange baskets stuffed using cherries and grapes.
7. Heat brandy, ignite it and top the lamb.
8. Serve immediately.