Barbecued Leg Of Lamb
|Leg lamb||4 Pound, butterflied (2 Kilogram)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon herb marinade||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Marjoram||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1) Take a small bowl to prepare the marinade by combining garlic, oil, lemon juice, marjoram and thyme. Mix well and set the bowl aside.
2) On your working surface, place the lamb flat. Season evenly with freshly ground black pepper.
3) Take a shallow glass or ceramic dish and place the lamb on that. Now pour the prepared marinade over the lamb and coat the meat thoroughly.
4) Cover the dish and let the meat get marinated for 3-4 hours at room temperature. In case of overnight marinating, place the dish inside the refrigerator.
5) Preheat your barbecue oven to medium and lightly brush cooking oil on the grill.
6) Bring the meat out of the marinade and place over the grill.
7) Barbecue the lamb to cook both the sides evenly for 15-20 minutes or so. Use the remaining marinade to baste the lamb occasionally during the barbecue process.
8) Serve the barbecued meat warm with your choice of bread and salad.