Herbed Lamb Chops in Port Wine Sauce with Butternut Squash Puree and Sauteed Spinach
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon (Or As Per Taste)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon (Or As Per Taste)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Champagne mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Port wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Beef stock/Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wisk the white wine,garlic and mustard together along with the herbs and thinly sliced garlic.
2) Slather onto the lamb chops. Let the lamb chops sit for 45 minutes to an hour.
3) Take the lamb chops out of the marinade. In a sauce pan put extra virgin olive oil then sear the lamb chops for 5 minutes per side (for rare).
4) Place on a serving platter and keep warm.
5) Meanwhile make the pan sauce. Saute the shallots in olive oil until golden while scraping up the brown bits from the lamb chops.
6) Deglaze the pan with port wine and reduce for about 5 minutes. Then add the stock and reduce for another 5 or 6 minutes.
7) Correct the seasoning and pour the sauce over the lamb chops. The lamb chops will be great served with butter nut squash puree and sauteed spinach.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.