Stuffed Aubergines with Lamb
|Sunflower oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Bottled hot pepper sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Lean lamb leg||12 Ounce, minced (350 Gram)|
|Green pepper||1 , roughly chopped|
|Orange pepper||1 , roughly chopped|
|Chopped fresh coriander||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 , quartered|
1. Cut the aubergines in half lengthways and cut out most of the flesh and discard. Place the aubergine shells in a lightly greased ovenproof dish.
2. In a saucepan, heat 15 ml / 1 tbsp oil and fry the onion until golden. Gradually stir in the ginger, chilli powder, garlic, turmeric, salt and ground coriander. Add the tomato, lower the heat and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Add the minced lamb and stir-fry over a medium heat for a further 7-10 minutes.
4. Add the chopped peppers and fresh coriander to the lamb mixture, and stir well.
5. Spoon the lamb mixture into the aubergine shells and brush the edges of the shells with the remaining oil. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through and browned on top.
6. Serve with the garnish ingredients and either a green salad or plain boiled rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1397 Calories from Fat 771
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g133%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g153.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.5 mg86.2%
Sodium 2197.7 mg91.6%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 38 g152%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 78 g156.3%
Vitamin A 125.9% Vitamin C 703.7%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 65.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet