Spinach with Minced Lamb
|Fresh spinach leaves||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Corn oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Minced lamb||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, deseeded and sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 , quartered|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly and cook in the water left on the leaves. Drain, squeeze out any excess water and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a haandi or heavy-based saucepan and fry the onions with the cinnamon stick, cardamoms and black peppercorns for 5 minutes.
3. Put the lamb into a bowl, add the salt, garam masala, ginger, garlic and chilli powder and mix well. Add the lamb mixture to the onions, lower the heat to medium and stir-fry for about 5 minutes using the bhoonoing method.
4. Add the drained spinach and stir it well into the mince. Add the green pepper and tomatoes and stir-fry for 7-10 minutes.
5. Finally, add the fresh coriander and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Serve with rice or Paratas.