Spicy Spring Lamb Roast
|Leg of spring lamb||3 1⁄2 Pound (1.5 kg)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Desiccated coconut||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Ground almonds||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Low fat natural yogurt||45 Milliliter (3 tbsp)|
|Lemon juice||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Sultanas||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Oil||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Mixed salad leaves||4|
|Fresh coriander leaves||4|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into julienne strips|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Trim off the fat, rinse and pat dry the leg of lamb and set aside on a sheet of foil large enough to enclose the whole joint.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the chilli powder, garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin and salt.
3. In a food processor or blender process together the desiccated coconut, ground almonds, yogurt, lemon juice and sultanas until you have a smooth texture.
4. Add the contents of the food processor to the spice mixture together with the corn oil and mix together. Pour this on to the leg of lamb and rub over the meat.
5. Enclose the meat in the foil and place in an ovenproof dish. Cook in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Remove the lamb from the oven, open the foil and, using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture evenly over the meat again. Return the lamb, uncovered, to the oven for a further 45 minutes or until it is cooked right through and tender. Slice the meat and serve with the garnish ingredients.