Sherried Lamb Chops
|Lamb shoulder chops||4|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White onions||8 Small, peeled|
|Carrots||6 , peeled and cut in small chunks|
|Potatoes||4 Small, peeled and halved|
1. Sprinkle chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and lamb chops. Brown chops on both sides.
4. Remove garlic.
5. Add sherry, hot water and bouillon cube.
6. Cover, with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat about 25 minutes.
7. Place onions, carrots and potatoes around chops. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
8. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3698 Calories from Fat 2060
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 230 g354.1%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0.28 mg0.09%
Sodium 4227.3 mg176.1%
Total Carbohydrates 254 g84.8%
Dietary Fiber 41.2 g164.7%
Sugars 69.2 g
Protein 156 g312.5%
Vitamin A 1223.5% Vitamin C 355%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 44.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet