Grilled Lamb Chops With Tomato Mint Chutney
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Plum tomatoes||4 Small, chopped|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Small, seeded and chopped|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Loin lamb chops||20 Ounce, trimmed of all visible fat (4 Pieces, 5 Ounce Each)|
1. For the chutney, heat a nonstick skillet. Swirl in the oil, then add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook, stirring, until the bell pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a small bowl. Add the mint, lime juice, and crushed red pepper (if using); stir, and set aside.
3. Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for medium-hot fire. Season the lamb with the remaining salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Grill the lamb 5 inches from heat, turning once, 4-5 minutes (rare), 6-7 minutes (medium), 8-9 minutes (well-done).
5. Spoon 1/2 cup of chutney over each chop and serve.