Double Surprise Lamb Chops
|Lamb loin chops||16 Ounce, trimmed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), cut in half|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||2 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Unseasoned dry bread crumbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Hot cooked orzo/White / brown rice cooked in fat free chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Cut slit into side of each lamb chop to form pocket. Rub chops all over with cut sides of garlic. Cut second slit next to bone in each chop and insert garlic half.
2. In sealable plastic food-storage bag, combine lamb chops and lemon juice. Seal and marinate chops for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. In small bowl combine feta, bread crumbs, and rosemary.
4. Preheat broiler. Remove chops from marinade. Stufi each pocket with feta mixture. Place chops on broiler-pan rack.
5. Broil chops about 2 inches from heat source for 4 minutes on one side. Turn chops over and broil 3 minutes on other side (medium-rare) or until desired doneness.
6. Serve lamb chops with orzo or rice. Garnish each chop with lemon zest and sprig of rosemary.