|Oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Leg lamb||3 1⁄2 Pound, boned and cubed (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Grated ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chinese five spice powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Hoisin sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Light soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Passata||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter, 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Lamb stock||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter, 1 Cup)|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and diced|
|Yellow pepper||1 , seeded and diced|
|Chopped coriander||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame seeds||15 Milliliter, toasted (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Boiled rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
1. Heat 30ml/2 tbsp of the oil in a flameproof casserole and brown the lamb in batches over a high heat. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the onion, ginger and garlic to the casserole with a little more oil, if necessary, and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened.
3. Return the lamb to the casserole. Stir in the five-spice powder, hoisin and soy sauces, passata, stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil, cover and cook in a preheated oven at 160°C/325°F/Gas 3 for 1 1/4 hours.
4. Remove the casserole from the oven, stir in the peppers, then cover and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes, or until the lamb is cooked and very tender.
5. Sprinkle with the coriander and sesame seeds. Serve hot with rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4016 Calories from Fat 2286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 255 g392.4%
Saturated Fat 98 g489.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1064.8 mg354.9%
Sodium 3503.5 mg146%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g60.7%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 316 g631.6%
Vitamin A 149.6% Vitamin C 732.3%
Calcium 44.5% Iron 212.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet