Crusted Pumped Leg Of Lamb
|Pumped leg lamb||4 1⁄2 Pound (2 1/4 Kilogram)|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed dried herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Limes||1 (To Serve)|
|Mint jelly||2 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1. Place lamb in a large saucepan, add parsley stalks, bay leaf, peppercorns, allspice, vinegar and brown sugar. Add cold water to cover (a). Bring slowly to the boil, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until lamb is tender when pierced with a skewer.
2. Remove saucepan from heat and allow lamb to cool in the cooking liquid. When cold, remove and pat dry with paper towels (b).
3. Mix together breadcrumbs, onion, mint, herbs, salt, pepper, pineapple and beaten egg. Place lamb on a rack in a baking dish, brush with melted butter and press crumb mixture on firmly (c).
4. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are crisp and golden. Transfer lamb to a heated platter.
5. Cut limes in half and scoop out pulp (reserve for another use). Fill lime halves with mint jelly and arrange on platter.
Calories 1346 Calories from Fat 780
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.4%
Saturated Fat 43.7 g218.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 456.8 mg152.3%
Sodium 559.6 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.4%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 99 g197.8%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 14% Iron 57.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet