Minted Lamb, Rotisserie Style
|Lamb racks||2 (Uncut Rib Chops)|
|Mint jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Have meatman crack ribs about 3 inches from ends.
Just before leaving for cookout:
1. Heat jelly with lemon juice and rosemary until jelly is melted.
2. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Insert garlic in a few gashes in meat. At 1-inch intervals, tie twine around racks; let them stand out until fire is ready.
On location, about 2 hours and 30 minutes before serving:
1. Start fire of glowing coals—this takes about 30 minutes.
2. When coals are hot, adjust racks of lamb on spit; insert barbecue thermometer as manufacturer directs. Over coals, with drip pan in place, start spit revolving. About 10 minutes before lamb is done (175°F. on the thermometer), brush mint sauce over it.
3. Slice a 2-chop portion for each person; spoon on a little sauce. Nice with grilled baked potatoes in foil, topped with butter and chopped sweet onion.