Glazed Stuffed Lamb Loaf
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth||1 Teaspoon (1 Envelope)|
|Leaf marjoram||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft white bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lean ground lamb||2 Pound|
|Mint jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Saute onion in butter or mar-
garine until soft in a large skillet; stir in apricots, instant chicken broth, 1 teaspoon of the marjoram and water; heat to boiling.
2. Remove skillet from heat; stir in bread cubes until well blended; allow to cool while making meat mixture.
3. Combine lamb, egg, salt, remaining 1 teaspoon marjoram and pepper in a large bowl. Mix lightly until well blended. Press mixture on a piece of foil or waxed paper to a 16 x 11-inch rectangle.
4. Spread stuffing mixture over meat layer. Starting at short end, gently roll up the meat pinwheel, using foil or waxed paper to aid in rolling. Place in a shallow baking pan, seam-side down.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour. Melt jelly in a small saucepan; brush over meat roll. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until well glazed. Transfer to heated serving platter with 2 wide spatulas. Garnish with canned apricots and fresh mint, if you wish.