Lamb Burgers or Lamb Loaf
|Ground lamb||2 Pound|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed chili pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|White pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, combine lamb, breadcrumbs, onion, cilantro, cumin, turmeric, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
2. Combine egg, yogurt and lime juice. Stir into lamb mixture; mix thoroughly.
3. Divide into eight portions; with hands shape each portion into a burger. Place burgers in a glass baking dish.
4. Combine yogurt, garlic, pepper and mint. Pour half over burgers. Reserve remainder of marinade.
5. Cover and marinate burgers for 4 hours in refrigerator, turning once.
6. Remove burgers from marinade. Saute, broil, or grill, turning once, about 10 minutes, until browned. Serve immediately with remaining marinade.