Spiced Lamb Patty With Fig And Mustard Sauce
|Lean ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Fig preserves||1 Tablespoon|
|Country mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Spiced lamb patty: In a frying pan or skillet, add all the seasonings and lightly toast over a medium heat for just a minute to bring out the aroma and flavor of the spices.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine the spices, ground lamb and egg together.
4) Mix thoroughly and shape the mixture into two patties, about a half-inch thick.
5) In a lightly greased broiler pan, lay the lamb patties.
6) Place the broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from the heat source and broil for about 8 to 10 minutes.
7)Fig and mustard sauce: In a bowl, combine one part country mustard with three parts fig preserves.
8) Spoon the fig and mustard sauce over the spiced lamb patties and serve.