Spinach Stuffed Saddle Of Lamb
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, skinned|
|Frozen spinach||10 2⁄3 Ounce, thawed (300 Gram)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Saddle lamb||3 Pound, boned (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Red currant jelly||15 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
1. Place the butter in a small ovenproof bowl and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until it has melted. Add the onion and cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes until softened.
2. Drain and discard all the excess liquid from the spinach, then add it to the onion with the breadcrumbs, lemon rind and juice; season to taste and mix together well.
3. Place the meat fat side uppermost on a flat surface and score the fat with a sharp knife. Turn the meat over and spread it with the stuffing. Fold over to enclose the stuffing and sew the edges together with fine string to form a neat and even shape.
4. Weigh the joint and calculate the cooking time at 8 minutes per 450 g (1 lb). Place the joint in a roasting bag, securing the end with string or an elastic band, and place it on a roasting rack. Microwave on HIGH for half the cooking time. Remove from the oven and remove the meat from the roasting bag.
5. Place the redcurrant jelly in a small ovenproof bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until melted, then brush it over the lamb. Return the meat to the oven, uncovered, and cook for the remaining time. Leave to stand for 10-15 minutes. To serve, remove the string and carve into thick slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4611 Calories from Fat 3406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 378 g582%
Saturated Fat 195.2 g975.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1190.5 mg396.8%
Sodium 1335.5 mg55.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 238 g475.9%
Vitamin A 723.4% Vitamin C 57%
Calcium 71.9% Iron 157.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet