Savory Lamb Stew
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lean lamb||2 Pound, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|New potatoes||6 Small, pared|
|Carrots||6 , cut in 1-inch pieces|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. Shake flour with meat in plastic bag to coat.
2. Heat oil in heavy kettle. Brown meat.
3. Stir in broth, salt, thyme, and pepper.
4. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
5. Add potatoes and carrots. Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until vegetables are done.
6. Add tomatoes and heat.