Grilled Mint Leg of Lamb
|Lamb leg||3 Pound, boneless (1 leg)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium|
|Dry oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black peppercorn||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Mint leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm) (about 1 handful)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
1) Prepare the grill.
2) Paste: In a mortar and pestle grind cumin and pepper. Add salt, oregano, garlic, and red pepper, grind into cumin and pepper.
3) Add oil and lemon juice, mix to make a paste.
4) Butterfly the lamb leg to create a piece of meat with a consistent thickness.
5) Spread the spice paste evenly over the outside and then inside of the lamb leg.
6) Place mint leaves evenly over the inside of the leg.
7) Roll up leg and tie off tightly using butcher twine.
8) Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
9) Grill over direct medium heat for about 15 minutes, until a golden crust is built up all over. Remember to keep the lid closed as much as possible to preserve heat.
10) Then place lamb over indirect heat for remainder of cooking, rotating as needed for even cooking.
Cook until desired temp is reached. Rare: 140ºF / Med: 150ºF / Well Done: 160ºF. As the roast rests after internal temp will rise 5-10ºF
11) Slice the roast and serve as desired.
Serve, and enjoy!
For more information please visit: http://www.legourmet.tv
This video is a creation of Legourmettv. You can visit legourmet for complete recipes, and more videos.