Stuffed Leg Of Lamb
|Ground veal||1 Pound (45O Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Breadcrumbs||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finley sliced|
|Parsley||80 Milliliter, chopped (1/3 Cup)|
|Boned leg lamb||4 1⁄2 Pound (2 Kilograms)|
|Butter||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Beef consomme||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
– In a bowl, combine ground veal, onion, breadcrumbs, milk, garlic, parsley and eggs. Stuff leg of lamb with mixture and tie to close.
– Baste with butter, brown in oven for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F(175°C).
– Season with salt, pepper, and thyme and pour beef consomme over meat.
– Cook 60 minutes, basting often.
– Remove leg of lamb from oven, carve into thin slices and keep warm.
– Let cooking liquid reduce and pour over the meat.