Lamb Shoulder With Rosemary
|Lamb shoulder||5 Pound, boned, rolled and tied|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), slivered in 6 pieces|
|Crushed rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Make six 1-inch slits halfway into lamb and insert 1 sliver of garlic in each.
2. Combine rosemary and pepper; rub over surface of lamb.
3. Place lamb on a microwave-oven-safe roast rack set in an 8-inch square or a 2-quart glass baking dish. Cover with waxed paper.
4. Cook in microwave oven 9 to 10 minutes at Medium-High per pound for medium-rare, 10 to 11 minutes at Medium-High per pound for medium or 11 to 12 minutes at Medium-High per pound for well done. If using Temperature Probe, insert probe into center of meat. Cook in microwave oven set at 145°F and at Medium-High for medium-rare, 160°F and at Medium-High for medium or 170°F and at Medium-High for well done.
5. Remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil; let stand 10 minutes.
6. If desired, pour drippings into a 1-cup glass measuring cup; skim off fat. Add salt and dash pepper. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 2 minutes at High.