Saddle Of Lamb With Artichoke Puree
|Saddle lamb||5 Pound (1 Piece, Lamb Loin Roast)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed in a garlic press|
|Grape vine leaves||10|
|Artichoke bottoms||8 , cooked|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, cooked|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Rub lamb with olive oil. Combine salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic. Rub over lamb. Cover with grapevine leaves. Seal with foil. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Puree artichoke bottoms and mushrooms. Combine with butter and heat.
3. Set roast in a roasting pan. Remove grapevine leaves and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast in a 325°F oven 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Reserve juice in the pan. Separate each loin from the saddle in one piece. Cut the meat into slices. Spread each slice with some of the puree. Reassemble the loins and tie securely in place. Return the meat to the roasting pan and add wine and water. Continue roasting, basting frequently, for 15 minutes.
5. Remove to a serving platter and discard strings. Skim fat from the pan juices and strain juices over the meat.