Stuffed Lamb Breasts
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs), with crust removed|
|Chopped pepperoni||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parsley/1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried sweet basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lamb breast||2 (With Pockets)|
|Brown sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cook bacon in skillet until crisp; drain, then crumble and set aside. Saute onion in bacon fat until tender, but do not brown.
2. In large bowl, combine bread, onion, pepperoni, parsley, sweet basil, salt, pepper, and bacon. Toss lightly until well mixed.
3. In small bowl, mix beaten eggs and milk; then add to bread mixture and toss lightly until well mixed. Spoon half of stuffing into each lamb breast; then close opening with skewers. Place lamb breasts on rack in shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle lightly with additional salt and pepper.
4. Roast in a 350°F oven 15 minutes. Meanwhile make Brown Sauce. Generously baste lamb with Brown Sauce and continue to roast for 2 hours longer, or until lamb breasts are tender, basting lamb with Brown Sauce about every 15 minutes.
5. Remove lamb to heated platter. Skim fat from pan juice; stir in cornstarch dissolved in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until thickened, adding more water if needed.
6. Carve lamb into slices and serve with pan gravy.