Caramel Popcorn Balls
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Popped corn||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Caramel candy cubes||25|
1) Lightly butter a pan and set aside.
2) In a saucepan, place together sugar, corn syrup and salt.
3) Cook the sugar mixture, stirring continuously, until sugar dissolves.
4) In a kettle, transfer the sugar mixture over popped corn.
5) Stir the popped corns to coat evenly.
6) Simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes more, or until very sticky.
7) Shape about 3/4 cup at a time into a ball.
8) Press a straw into each and do the same with the remaining sugar mixture to make 10 balls.
9) In a top part of double boiler, melt caramel cubes over simmering water.
10) Using a small spatula, smear on the top of balls.
11) Place over the pan and leave to cool and harden.
12) Cover the caramel ball in transparent wrap, if desired.
13) Use as desired.