Chewy Popcorn Balls
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn||3 Quart, crisp salted popped|
|Nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
1. In a saucepan cook combining sugar, corn syrup, salt, spices, butter and water over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Wash crystals from side of pan and cook over medium heat to 245° on candy thermometer until firm ball stage.
3. Remove from heat and stir in extracts.
4. Pour slowly over mixture of popped corn and nuts, stirring to mix well.
5. Shape, with buttered hands, into balls and serve.