Caramel popcorn is my mother's special dessert. It is a very delicous snack food and is good to make for holidays or special occasions. Caramel popcorn is sweet, crunchy and kids love them. They make a good food gift.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a large pot pour in the oil, let warm up a bit and then add the unpopped kernels.
3. Cover with lid and start popping your popcorn the old-fashioned way on the stovetop.
4. Once done pour into different cookie sheets with sides.
5. Spread evenly around. Then, mix brown sugar, butter, syrup, salt and vanilla melting over medium-high heat.
6. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 3 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and add soda and stir fast.
8. Pour over popcorn and mix well.
9. Add nuts if desired.
10. Bake at 250 degrees in oven on cookie sheets for 1 hour.
11. Stir 2 or 3 times within that hour.
12. When done pour entire caramel popcorn into a brown paper bag and stir occasionally with spoon as it cools.
13. Store in tight container.
For more information please visit: http://www.mealsinarush.com/
Want a really delicious homemade treat for Halloween? Try making Caramel popcorn, it's a tried and tested recipe by Chef Tawnya's mother and here in the video Tawnya is going share her family recipe with the rest of the world. It’s such an easy recipe, you can even get your children help you in the kitchen. Cook the corn kernels the traditional way and top them with brown sugar caramel. Ah, it’s delicious.