Homemade Kielbasa Sausage
|Pork||3 Pound, coarsely ground|
|Veal||1 Pound, coarsely ground|
|Crumbled dried marjoram||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely minced|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, mix together the pork, veal, marjoram, garlic, salt, pepper and all spice, lightly but thoroughly.
3) Using a sausage-stuffing funnel, stuff the mixture into the casings,
4) In a large pot place the sausages and cover with water.
5) Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until all the water has been evaporated.
6) To serve sausage, fry it with onion rings.
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.3 mg52.4%
Sodium 867.1 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet