Skip to main content
Wine And Drink
You are here
» Spiced Ketchup
Spiced Ketchup Recipes
Is it you or the aroma of Tomato Ketchup that you are making that has dragged me to the kitchen were my partners words. Tomato is the primary ingredient in dish. Whole preparation and making of dish would take only 155 minutes. You wont regret spending your
GETTING READY 1. In a large pot of boiling water dip tomatoes for 30 seconds until the skin is loose. 2. Transfer tomatoes to cold water for cooling. 3. Remove skin from tomatoes and core. MAKING 4. In a 12 quart kettle cook tomatoes for about 20 minutes until
Western Gourmet Ketchup
MAKING 1. In a 5 quart kettle put together cranberries onions and water cook uncovered until onions are translucent and cranberries burst. 2. Pass mixture through a sieve for food mill. 3. Return mixture to the kettle and stir in sugar vinegar and spices cook
1. In a large pot of boiling water dip tomatoes for 30 seconds until the skin is loose. 2. Transfer tomatoes to cold water for cooling. 3. Remove skin from tomatoes and core cut into quarters. 4. Deseed peppers remove membrane and cut into strips. 5. Into a
Peel chosen fruit chop up and place in a saucepan with sufficient water to cover. Cook till soft and then puree or sieve. To every 5 cups of puree add the ingredients as listed. The onion should be finely chopped or grated and the garlic and ginger crushed to
Remove stems and seeds from the peppers and cut into pieces. Peel onions and quarter. Cut celery into 1 inch lengths. Half fill blender with tomatoes and juice. Drop in a few pieces of pepper onion celery. Cover and blend on high for 5 seconds or until chopped
1 In a large enameled or stainless steel saucepan com bine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil over moderate heat then Lower the heat and simmer covered stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until the apples are soft. 2 Discard the cinnamon stick. Ina food
1. Wash and quarter tomatoes and place in a preserving pan or large saucepan. 2. Cook slowly until soft then boil rapidly to reduce them to a pulp. 3. Press the pulp through a sieve return to the pan and stir in the sugar vinegar pepper salt and spices. 4.
1. Wash the tomatoes cut into pieces and cook without adding water in a thick bottomed pan until very soft. 2. Remove from fire and allow to cool. Pass the cooked tomatoes through a strainer to take out thick pulp. Measure the pulp it should be 2 cups. 3. Put
Ripe Tomato Ketchup
1. Boil the spices in vinegar for 10 15 minutes Cool strain and set aside. 2. Wash wipe dry and chop the tomatoes apple and onion and set to boil in a thick bottomed saucepan stirring all the while until you get a thick pulp. Remove from fire. 3. Pass the
Mix tomatoes and onions in a large at least 1 gallon enamel or stainless steel kettle cover and simmer 20 30 minutes stirring now and then until mushy. Puree a little at a time at low speed in an electric blender or put through a food mill then press through a
MAKING 1 In a saucepan cook the grapes with water until pulpy. 2 Pass the pulp through a colander sieve or food mill to make 9 cups grape pulp. 3 Stir in the sugar vinegar and salt blend thoroughly 4 Tie the spices in a small cheesecloth bag and add into the
You can now make your own tomato ketchup at home. You can enjoy your home made French fries burgers hot dogs and sandwiches even more with this delicious tomato ketchup recipe. Its easy Put the tomatoes into a pan after slicing. Add a little water if required
Rinse and stem the grapes. Crush a layer at a time. Add water and bring to a boil in a covered kettle. Simmer until seeds separate about 15 minutes. Strain through a colander food mill or sieve pressing through as much pulp as possible. To the pulp add
Bruise mushrooms and put in a crock or large mixing bowl layered with salt. Cover tightly. Let stand at least 24 hours. Rinse mushrooms and place in granite saucepan. Add spices and saltpetre. Then simmer very gently 4 hours. Remove from heat strain and bottle
Omelet is one of the popular breakfast dishes consumed almost in every part of the world with the recipe differing from one person to the other. Here follows a simple recipe for preparing the omelette but with the use of little amount of milk. GETTING READY 1.
Onion Omelette With Bread And Tomato Ketchup
Place the tomatoes and onion in a large heavy saucepan. Set over moderate heat and cook covered stirring often until soft 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the vegetables then put them through a food mill back into the saucepan discarding any solids left in the food
Cut the tomatoes into quarters place them in a preserving pan with the salt and vinegar and simmer until the tomatoes are quite soft and broken up. Strain the mixture through coarse muslin or a nylon sieve then return the puree to the preserving pan and add
1. Core and chop the tomatoes. Cook together tomatoes and onions until soft and press mixture through a fine sieve. 2. Return puree to heat and cook until reduced one half stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients including spices tied in a bag.
Spicy Tomato Ketchup
1. Put the tomatoes into a 2.8 litre 5 pint ovenproof glass bowl and three quarters cover the top with cling film. Microwave on HIGH for 40 50 minutes until the tomatoes are very well cooked very thick and reduced. Stir them frequently during the cooking time.