|Cranberries||4 Pound (4 Quarts)|
|Onions||1 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|5% cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Allspice||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Canning salt/Pickling salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a 5 quart kettle, put together cranberries, onions and water; cook uncovered until onions are translucent and cranberries burst.
2. Pass mixture through a sieve for food mill.
3. Return mixture to the kettle and stir in sugar, vinegar and spices; cook with constant stirring for 8 minutes until sauce is thick.
4. Into 6 hot pint jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Serve Cranberry Ketchup with toasted bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5469 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5921.5 mg246.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1396 g465.2%
Dietary Fiber 104.5 g418%
Sugars 1193.8 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 473.6%
Calcium 57.6% Iron 58.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet