|Ripe tomatoes||8 Pound (About 32, 2 1/2 Inch Size)|
|Sweet red peppers||2 Medium|
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
|Onions||4 , peeled and quartered (Each 2 Inch Diameter)|
|5% cider vinegar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canning salt/Pickling salt||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground red cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole cloves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pot of boiling water, dip tomatoes for 30 seconds until the skin is loose.
2. Transfer tomatoes to cold water for cooling.
3. Remove skin from tomatoes and core; cut into quarters.
4. Deseed peppers, remove membrane and cut into strips.
5. Into a blender jar, put together tomatoes, pepper and onion; process at high speed for 4 seconds.
6. In a 5 quart kettle, cook tomato mixture for 5 minutes with constant stirring.
7. Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt, dry mustard, red pepper.
8. in a cheesecloth bag, put together spices and add to the tomatoes in the kettle.
9. Cook on medium heat for about 2 hours until mixture is reduced to half and rounds up on a spoon and there is no separation of sauce and liquids.
10. Remove and discard spice bag.
11. Into 4 hot pint jars, spoon mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
12. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
13. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
14. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
15. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
16. Serve Blender Ketchup with sandwiches or potato wedges.
Calories 21 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.06 g0.09%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 106.7 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 0.26 g0.52%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 0.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet