Visit our Facebook Page for more recipes, tips and videos.
2 Pound, roasted
Cracked black pepper
Maestro sweet bell peppers
6 , roasted and seeded
1 , chopped
1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)
6 , roughly chopped
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Red wine vinegar
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Slice 2 Allegro™ tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper and slow roast at 275ºF for approximately 2 hours on a baking sheet, cut side up.
2. Roast Maestro™ peppers whole at 375ºF, for 30 minutes, peel and seed.
**Both steps can be done a day in advance.
3. In a large pot sauté onion in canola oil until tender. Add garlic and continue sautéing for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add honey, red wine vinegar and tomato paste.
4. Stir to incorporate and add Allegro™ tomatoes and the Maestro™ peppers.
5. Simmer for an hour over low heat with a tight fitting lid.
6. After an hour, season with salt and cracked black pepper, purée in a blender and put into jars or containers in fridge.
7. Serve as a condiment for French fries, turkey burgers or hotdogs!