|Ripe tomatoes||1 Kilogram|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boil in vinegar|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cinnamon stick||1⁄2 Inch|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Boil the spices in vinegar for 10-15 minutes Cool, strain, and set aside.
2. Wash, wipe dry and chop the tomatoes, apple and onion, and set to boil in a thick-bottomed saucepan stirring all the while until you get a thick pulp. Remove from fire.
3. Pass the cooked tomatoes through a strainer, and take out as much pulp as you can. If there is not enough pulp the ketchup will be watery.
4. To the pulp add the sugar, salt and chilly powder, and the spiced vinegar. Simmer until you get a thick chutney consistency, then remove from fire.
5. While still hot, pour into hot, sterilised jars. Cork and seal with hot wax.