Asparagus juice is a green colored juice obtained from asparagus vegetable, which is grown throughout the world, with Mediterranean countries and United States being the prime producers. The juice can be best defined as clear and unfermented liquid which is extracted from the stem and sprouts of asparagus. Asparagus based juice is considered to be more delicious when combined with honey.
The juice obtained from asparagus is considered to be quite healthy, flavorful and is well known for various medicinal benefits. Traditionally, the juice has been used with respect to various health concerns like anemia, bowel movement, skin problems, eye problems, and blood purification. The vegetable is grown extensively in summers, and it is best to drink the juice during season.
Preparation of Juice Obtained From Asparagus
The preparation of asparagus juice is very simple, where the stems and sprouts of asparagus are mildly steamed, before grinding. Thereafter the liquid is extracted and flavored with honey. The juice can also be combined with several other juices like tomato juice and spinach juice for enhanced flavor.
Nutritional Information about Juice Obtained from Asparagus
Asparagus is rich source of potassium, folic acid, protein, iron, zinc, calcium, copper, manganese, thiamin, niacin, and vitamins A, B-1, C, and K. Hence the juice that is obtained from this nutritious vegetable would contain all the essential minerals and vitamins, thus proving to be a healthy drink. Also, the vegetable is enriched with good amount of antioxidants, which would enable to get rid of free radicals which are damaging for the health.
Asparagus Juice Benefits
- The juice prepared from asparagus is enriched with guercetin, a flavonoid, which helps in fighting against cancer.
- The most important benefit of the juice is its diuretic effect. The juice contains asparagines, an amino acid, which assists in dissolving oxalic and uric acids, which are responsible for arthritis problem. Hence, asparagus juice is considered to be a very good treatment with respect to arthritic pain.
- The rutin content present in the juice is known to protect blood vessels.
- High amount of glutathione in the juice helps in getting rid of harmful free radicals.
- The juice helps in purifying the blood.
- Also, the juice obtained from asparagus helps in fighting against several skin problems due to good amount of antioxidants contained in the drink.
- People suffering from anemia would find great relief.
- Bowel movement would be regulated with the aid of consumption of this nutritious drink.
Asparagus Based Juice Trivia
It has been found that excessive consumption of asparagus juice may not be good for people suffering from kidney inflammation, hence leading to irritation in the kidneys.