Orange Juice Cake
|Caster sugar||7 Ounce|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Pint (Scant)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4
2. In a large bowl, crack the eggs and beat the eggs till they are foamy
3. Add half of the sugar and beat well till the sugar is dissolved.
4. In another bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder to make a fine mix. Add the fruit juices to the flour along with the egg mixture to get a uniform mil
5. In a large bowl, tip in the egg whites and whip them till stiff. Fold in the sugar and beat well again.
6. Pour this mixture into an 8-in. cake tin, and bake for 1 hour till done.
7. Serve immediately at room temperature or wrap in polythene bag or in heavy-duty foil for storage