Sufganiyot Ricotta Doughnut Holes are great dish for upcoming Hanukkah. Enjoy!
2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted (11/2-2)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)
1. On work surface, sift 1 cup of flour and baking powder on top of ricotta cheese.
2. Make a well in the middle, add sugar and eggs in it. Mix well.
3. Pour vanilla extract and sprinkle flour on top. Knead and keep adding flour as required.
4. Roll it into a 1-inch circle, and let it rest for couple of minutes.
5. Sprinkle flour on working top. Coat dough cutter edge with flour and cut dough into small circles.
6. In a heavy bottom frying pan, preheat oil to 350-380 degree F.
7. Drop ricotta balls into hot oil, and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until puffed and golden. Do it in batches. Keep rotating for even cooking.
8. Sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve it with a cup of hot coffee.
You must keep oil bubbling all the time while frying.
You can also serve it with any gem or sweet dipping sauce.