|Matzo||2 Large (whole wheat or plain)|
1. In a bowl break the matzo into equal pieces.
2. Cover the matzo with hot water for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
3. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt together.
5. Pour the eggs over the drained matzo and mix together.
6. In a saute pan over medium heat, heat butter and add egg and matzo mixture to the pan. Stir untill cooked through.
8. Serve it warm.
- Feel free to make it a sweet dish by adding shredded apples, cinnamon or maple syrup or, you can make it more savory by adding any leftover meat and veggies you may have in the fridge.
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.2 mg49.7%
Sodium 374 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 3% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet