Rugelach Pastry With Cheese And Nuts
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1 tablespoon milk (For Egg Wash)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Pound (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||13 Tablespoon (0.25 Cup Plus 9 Tablespoon)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pureed in a food processor|
|Egg||1 , beaten with tablespoon milk (For Egg Wash)|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For Egg Wash)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light.
3. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the salt, and vanilla.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just combined.
5. Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball.
6. Cut the ball in quarters, wrap each piece in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. To make the filling, combine 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar, the brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the raisins, and walnuts.
8. On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 9-inch circle.
9. Spread the dough with 2 tablespoons apricot preserves and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the filling.
10. Press the filling lightly into the dough.
11. Cut the circle into 12 equal wedges - cutting the whole circle in quarters, then each quarter into thirds.
12. Starting with the wide edge, roll up each wedge.
13. Place the cookies, points tucked under, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
14. Chill for 30 minutes.
15. Brush each cookie with the egg wash.
16. Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on the cookies.
17. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
18. Remove to a wire rack and let cool.
19. Store in a cookie jar or dig in.