How to prepare Chopped Chicken Livers. Demonstrated by professional cooking teacher and retired caterer, Betty Bannerman Busciglio. Visit website: www.bettyskitchenfare.com.
Chopped Chicken Livers
3 Pound, cleaned
5 Large, chopped
2 , hard boiled and roughly chopped
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grounded
1. Drain the chicken livers and remove any connective tissue, dark or green spots.
2. In a large pan add in the butter and chicken fat. Followed by onion, sauté for few minutes.
3. Add in the livers and cook until the livers are just pink in the center for 18 minutes, stirring in between.
4. Season with the salt and pepper, mix well.
5. Transfer the liver to a large bowl and add in the eggs. Mix well.
6. Using the large grating blade of a food processor, grate the mixture.
7. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and taste for seasoning.
8. Scrape out the liver into a pan and cover with saran wrap. Place in refrigerator overnight.
9. Serve with crackers, rounds of toasted baguette or matzoh.