|Potatoes||6 Medium, scrubbed|
|Onions||3 , quartered|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
1. Grate potatoes using a food processor.
2. In a small bowl add grated potatoes, salt, pepper, egg and onion.
3. In a frying pan add oil and heat well.
4. Drop large spoonfuls of batter in the oil so that the latkes are completely covered.
5. Brown the latkes.
6. Add flour in the batter if it turns soupy when remained to stand.
7. Stir the batter before use.
8. On an absorbent paper drain the latkes.
9. Serve latkes hot with sour cream and applesauce.