Potato Latkes (Potato Pancakes) A Fam Favorite
|Red potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled, grated|
|Green onion||6 , chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Seasoning salt/Regular salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Eggs||1 Medium, lightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil/Peanut oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Shred the potatoes in 3 different ways like long shreds short shreds and grated.
2. Put in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the juices and dry them as much as possible.
3. Transfer into a bowl. Set aside.
4. To the bowl with potatoes, add green onions, garlic, seasoning salt, black pepper and egg. Stir well to mix them till combined.
5. Add the flour little at a time and mix to incorporate. Test by making a patty. If it hold shape then it is the right consistency.
6. In a shallow skillet, pour oil to about an inch. Heat on medium heat till very hot.
7. Make patties from the batter. Place it in a large spoon and press to release any extra juice if present. Do not make thick patties.
8. Carefully put the patties in the hot oil and fry them till golden brown on both the sides.
9. Transfer them onto paper towels to drain off excess oil.
10. In a serving plate, serve the latkes with choice of main dish.