1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
2. Dust the surface with flour.
3. In a mixing bowl, place cheese, egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. On the floured surface, place the phyllo dough and stretch, do not make it too thin.
4. Cut the phyllo dough into 9 pieces, brush each piece with melted butter and place a spoonful of filling in each. Fold the dough diagonally to form triangles and press the edges.
5. In a mixing bowl, put egg yolk and vegetable oil to mix well. Brush each pastry with this mixture.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to sit for few minutes before serving.
The Bourekas are delicious pastries from Israel. Essentially, it is a puff pastry with a variety of different fillings. You can really get creative there. In this video, our chef shows us how to make them with Gruyere chesse. Yum! Enjoy!