Microwaved Gefilte Fish
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Fresh salmon||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh cod/Sturgeon||1⁄2 Pound|
|Red snapper||1⁄2 Pound (Fresh Ones)|
|Matzo meal/Fine cracker crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. In 3 qt. glass casserole combine water, 1 sliced carrot, 1 chopped onion, salt and pepper.
2. Microwave at high, covered, 10-12 minutes until mixture boils.
3. Microwave at medium 50% or less to simmer for about 15 minutes to make court bouillon.
4. With food processor or meat grinder finely grind fish, 1 onion and 1 carrot.
5. In large bowl combine fish, eggs, matzo meal, water, salt and pepper.
6. Blend with mixer on high until well mixed and airy.
7. Shape into oval balls using approximately 1/4 cup for each.
8. Drop into hot broth, microwave at medium-high (70%) 8-10 minutes and then drain.
9. Serve hot or cold with horseradish.