Cream Cheese Blintzes
|Creamed cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 , cut in 1-inch squares|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, cubed , at room temperature (1 Package)|
1. Prepare very thin pancakes, and brown them only on one side.
2. In a container of food processor, add creamed cottage cheese, lemon rind, egg yolks, vanilla, sugar, salt and cinnamon and blend by running the STIR blade for about 20 -30 seconds.
3. Stir in cream cheese and blend for additional 20 -30 seconds by running the STIR blade.
4. Stop motor and push ingredients towards blades by using rubber spatula.
5. Add spoonful of filling to the center of browned side of pancake and roll it by edges.
6. Cover and refrigerate the pancakes until the serving time.
7. Take a chafing dish or fry pan and melt margarine or butter in it over direct heat.
8. Heat and brown blintzes over the pan and turn it once during the cooking time.
9. Serve hot with quick Strawberry sundae sauce or sour cream and preserves.