Yuletide Chocola Te Log
|For the cake:|
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Drinking chocolate powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|For the icing:|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||9 Ounce, sifted|
|For the finish:|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
|Holly sprig||3 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease a 11X7-inch Swiss Roll tin. Line it with a greased non-stick parchment paper. Let the paper come upto 1/2 inch above the edges.
3) Into a bowl, sift the flour and cocoa. Add in the butter, sugar and eggs. Beat together for 3 minutes or until the cake is well mixed.
4) Spread the mixture in the Swiss roll tin. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes on a rack above the middle one. Once done, it must be firm to touch.
5) On a damp dish towel, place a waxed paper. Sprinkle castor sugar on top.
6) Unmould the cake upside down over the sugar. Gently remove the paper lining.
7) Take off 1/4 inches around the edges of the cakes. Fold over and roll it up along with the paper inside. Keep it in this folded position for some time. Then, let cool down. Unroll the cake and slide the paper off.
8) For the icing, beat together cocoa powder, water, butter, icing sugar and milk in a bowl. The mixture should be smooth.
9) Apply a quarter of the icing over the cake. Roll it up like a log with the join underneath.
10) Spread the rest of the icing over the log. Cover it completely with icing. Using a fork, roughen the surface of icing.
11) Pack the cake into a freezer bag if you want to freeze at this stage. Before that freeze till it becomes firm and wrap in a cling film.
12) Freeze till further use.
13) Serve the Yuletide Chocola Te Log on a silver cake board. Sprinkle icing sugar on top. Decorate it with a few sprigs of holly and plastic ribbons.
14) To thaw the frozen cake, set it at room temperature for about 4 hours.