|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||2 Pound|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cherry pie filling||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Make the batter by beating the eggs in a large bowl. Add in sifted flour. Beat till smooth. Add in the milk and oil. Cover the bowl and let chill for 45 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, prepare the cheese filling by blending cottage cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla in an electric blender. Blend on HIGH for 3 minutes or until smooth.
3) Heat a 8-inch heavy skillet. Add in a little butter to grease the skillet. Pour in 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet, turning it around to cover the bottom completely.
4) Cook the blintz for 2 minutes, or until the underside is golden and set. Remove the blintz onto a plate.
5) Repeat the procedure with the rest of the batter to make 24 blintzes. Place a wax paper between two blintzes so they don't stick.
6) Add 3 tablespoons of the cheese filling in the centre of the cooked side of each blintz. Place two opposite sides overlapping over the filling. Fold the ends towards the middle on the seam side.
7) In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine. Cook the blintzes, their seam side down till they brown.
8) Serve the blintzes warm. Garnish with a scoop of sour cream on top.
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 173.5 mg57.8%
Sodium 361.9 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 16 g32.3%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet